Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Introduction

So, my name is Hanna and I'm a senior at NC State University.  This blog is to help me try to make sense of the whole process as I apply to the Walt Disney World College Program.  I guess I'll start out by talking about how I came to the conclusion that I need to apply...

At the beginning of this school year, I knew that I needed to make the absolute most out of it because I was graduating a year early, and I had to cram a ton of memories into just one last year.  I had everything planned out, I was going to graduate May 12, 2012 with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and then my plan was to go onto graduate school to get my Master's of Accounting so that I could get my CPA license.  I started my grad school applications early, around the beginning of October, and everything was going great.  I submitted both of them, one to NC State and one to UNC Charlotte, right at the end of January.  I thought for sure that it would never be an option that I wouldn't get in at either school, but all of that changed on Valentine's Day.  I got my rejection letter from NC State.  I actually wasn't super heartbroken about it, considering I was leaning toward the program at Charlotte anyways.  But, that forced me to think about the possibility of being denied at Charlotte too.  I had to start finding another option, either another grad program to apply to or a job to have for the year that I would wait until applying again.  During dinner with my sorority twin, she said "Well Hanna, if you don't do the whole grad school thing at least have a fun job for the year."  So, jokingly I said well maybe I'll just go work at Disney World.  But, I really started thinking about it, and that night, February 15th I submitted my application for the Disney College Program.  I completed the web-based interview the same night, and scheduled my phone interview for February 21st at 5pm.

I had my phone interview today, and I think it went extremely well, but now I just get to play the waiting game that everyone else is playing as well.  My best friend is also applying, and I pray that we both get it, so that I'll have a definitive idea of who I'll be living with, and plus who doesn't want to work at Disney World with their best friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from new people, and appreciate every comment that is left.