Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Social

Sunday Social

This is my first ever link-up; so I'm joining Ashley and Neely for their Sunday Social.

1.  What is your ideal way to relax?
Ultimately, it would be sitting on a porch in a rocking chair (or hammock) with a glass of wine and a good book, but since we don't have rocking chairs on our porch I settle for just the regular chair.  And, in the perfect setting it would be raining.  I'm a huge fan of sitting outside during a storm.

2.  Where is your favorite place to be?
My favorite place to be is Sunday afternoons at my Mawmaw's house for lunch.  I love to be surrounded by my family, and I'm becoming more grateful daily for the fact that I still have both grandparents and aunts and uncles I see more than once a week who can provide wisdom I love to hear.  I am becoming more and more aware that my time with them is getting limited, which means I need to spend time with them now while I can.

3.  Who do you consider your biggest role model?
There are four people in my life I consider equally wonderful role models.  Obviously, my mom is a huge impact on my life.  I wouldn't be anywhere close to the woman I am today without her.  She supports me no matter what my choices are, and I thank the Lord that she lets me live my own life and make my own decisions and mistakes.  The second is my Mawmaw.  This woman is the greatest cook I've ever met in my life.  Everyone at our church idolizes her, and I get to be the lucky girl who gets the love and support she is so wonderful at giving.  The third would be my Nana.  I was the first grandchild she ever had, and no matter what she's always there to listen.  She paid for my violin lessons for the 15 years I took lessons, and I could never repay her no matter how hard I tried.  Which brings me to the fourth role model, my violin teacher.  If it wasn't for her, my life would have taken a completely different path.  She taught me a talent that helps me glorify God and bring joy to people's lives.  I was the shyest kid ever before I started violin.  Literally.  I would go to church and preschool every single day, and never say a word to anyone.  She brought me out of that shell immediately.

4.  What does your life look like in 3 years?
Hopefully, out of grad school, CPA certified, and free of student loans.  Ultimately though, I'd just like to be happy and more secure in my relationship with God.

5.  If you could go back and change one decision, what would it be?
I try not to live with regrets, so absolutely nothing.  Every decision I've ever made got me to this point in my life, and this is where I was meant to be.

6.  What is your biggest accomplishment in life so far?
Graduating from North Carolina State University with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in 3 years.

This has been a great experience, and I'll probably do it every Sunday.

Hanna



2 comments:

  1. i love rocking chairs and hammocks too! so glad you stopped by my blog :)

    -Emma
    chasingtexas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. student loans paid off? wouldn't that be nice!

    stopping by from the linkup!

    astoldbykendahl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from new people, and appreciate every comment that is left.